Take your seat at the table.
A single event had a big impact on my success.
In 2015, I attended PressNomics 3. I had just launched GravityView, my first premium WordPress plugin. Before GravityView, I developed and released free plugins on WordPress.org, but had never sold any products. I wanted to learn more about being in the WordPress business space.
That first year, I pushed through my fears by talking to people I admired. I met a ton of people. Their advice helped me grow GravityView. Since then, every PressNomics conference further cements our relationships; we are now colleagues that know and support each other in our work.
The connections I make at PressNomics are the most valuable of my career. I want to share that opportunity with others.
I am proud to sponsor a new attendee of PressNomics 6 in Tucson, Arizona in 2019.
PS: Yes, the talks at PressNomics are excellent, too! :-)
Attend the 2019 PressNomics Conference
In recognition of the extra challenges certain groups face in succeeding in technology fields and as a commitment to diversity and inclusivity in the WordPress community, GravityView is proud to offer a grant specifically for diversity.
What is included in the grant?
- One ticket to PressNomics 6 Tucson, Arizona, September 11 to 13, 2019 (a value of $488.88)
- One flight to Tucson (economy-class; up to $500)
- Lodging expense (up to $500)
- $100 Lyft.com gift card for ground transportation
- A one-on-one business consultation with Zack Katz, founder of GravityView
You are eligible if:
- You are interested in growing professionally
- You identify as a woman or as part of an underrepresented group in the tech industry
- You have not attended PressNomics before
- You commit to attending the PressNomics conference from September 11 to 13, 2019 if you are selected
How can I apply?
Questions & Answers
What’s the timeline?
- Applications close at 11:59 PM MDT on June 30, 2019
- Recipient will be chosen by July 31, 2019
- The event is on September 11, 2019
What is the process?
The co-owners of GravityView—Zack Katz and Juniper Katz—will review applications based on the responses to the form questions. There will be many applicants that will make it through this review process. Then each finalist will be provided a number, and the winner of the grant will be chosen using random.org. Three alternates will also be chosen, in case the winner is not able to attend the event.
If you are the winner of the grant or an alternate, we will contact you to coordinate the details.
I want to attend another conference. Can I?
This is the first grant, so we are going to start with PressNomics 6. In the future, we may include other conferences.
If you are speaking at an event, you can submit an application to the Yoast Diversity Fund; they cover a range of conference types. Go get your speaking applications in!
Why are we doing this?
Women and people of color are underrepresented in technology.
By sponsoring this grant, we hope to provide business opportunities for the attendee and enrich the WordPress business community.