Earn Commission for Referrals
As an affiliate, you will earn 20% on all successful referrals (and if we are having a promotion, you may earn more). If you refer a customer using your affiliate link and they spend $200, you will earn $40.
We pay affiliate commissions the first week of every month, normally the first business day of the month. GravityView has a 30-day money back guarantee, so we only pay commissions that are 30 days or older. If you refer a sale on January 8, the 30 day refund period ends in February, and you will get paid the next payout date: the first week of March. All affiliate commissions are paid via PayPal.
There is no minimum payout balance. Starting February 1, 2018, the payout balance threshold is $50.00.
Referral Cookie Lifetime
When a customer clicks on your affiliate link, a cookie is set on their browser that tracks your referral. That cookie is stored for 7 days after the click. If the customer buys GravityView on a different browser, or after the 7 days, the referral will not be awarded to you. If you are aware of a sale that didn’t get assigned to you, let us know and we will assign it to you.
Refunds and Revoked Payments
Only referrals that are older than 30 days and are still in good standing (not refunded) will be included with the payout. If a payment has been refunded or revoked, we do not pay commission for the referral. We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Normally, rejections for commission happen for two reasons:
- The sale that generated the commission has been refunded
- The referral method violated our policies (details below) or the spirit of our policies
Affiliate Program Policies
Approved Promotional Methods
Essentially: promotional methods should add value to GravityView, and we will end up paying you more commissions!
Examples of good promotional methods:
- Refer clients to GravityView – Do you think GravityView is be a good fit for your clients or customers? Share an affiliate link with them!
- Write a blog post or review – Show how GravityView can be used in different use cases, or show how to do a specific thing with GravityView
- Share on social networks – Send out tweets to your Twitter followers with your affiliate link. Share on Facebook. As long as you’re not spamming them, that’s a great way to get referrals.
- Help others online – Lots of people want GravityView but don’t know it yet! For example: a potential customer asks a question on a forum about how to display Gravity Forms entries on a website. In a helpful way, you reply that it’s possible using GravityView, and share your affiliate link.
Prohibited Promotional Methods
Affiliate programs are win-wins: you get to promote a product that you like and believe in, we make sales, and you make money from the commission.
- Coupon sites are not allowed as a GravityView promotional method. Customers searching coupon sites are already highly motivated to buy GravityView. Promoting GravityView via a coupon site does not add value to GravityView
- Pretending to be formally associated with GravityView. Affiliates are not employees, have no formal connection with GravityView
- Any form of spam. Email, link spamming, comment spamming, etc. will not be allowed. If you’re posting to a forum or comment thread, follow the rules of the website you’re on.
- Anything illegal, or morally offensive. That’s subjective, we know. Still, if we don’t like it for any reason, you’ll be banned from the program. This includes spam, for whatever definition of spam we want to use. (#9 from WordPress.org)
- Don’t violate our trademarks. Don’t use “GravityView” in your domain name. Use “gv” or “gravity” instead, or better yet, come up with your own original branding! People remember names. (#17 from WordPress.org)
- Confusing customers into thinking your site is operated or endorsed by GravityView (by copying our site’s design, for example) is not allowed.
Paid Search Guidelines
If you bid on keywords in any search engines or social media site like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Twitter, and Facebook:
- Don’t bid to have your ad appear for terms with variations of GravityView name, such as “GravityView”, “Gravity View”, “gravityview.co”
- Don’t bid to have your ad appear for GravityView with any additional terms, such as “GravityView coupons”, “GravityView discounts”, “GravityView promotions”. Broad matches are also not allowed (“[GravityView coupon]”)
- Don’t use
gravityview.coor any other GravityView website URL as the ad’s display URL
- Don’t direct link to GravityView.co from any paid search ads. Instead, link to a landing page that users will then click through to access
Bad Behavior Honeypot
If you are trying to find loopholes in this agreement, it means you’re trying to violate the spirit of the agreement, which is against the rules. Gotcha!
Consequences of Bad Behavior
If we find your promotional methods to be not in keeping with these terms, we will reject commissions and disable your affiliate account. We will likely notify you when this occurs and let you know what we find to be in violation of these policies. We may not, if it’s clear you’re a Bad Seed.
By being an affiliate, you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before being paid. This affiliate agreement is not a contract. The affiliate relationship does not represent a formal agreement. You are not an employee of GravityView or Katz Web Services, Inc.. You agree not to be a jerk and sue Katz Web Services, Inc.. These terms are subject to change without notice. And other legalese-y stuff that you normally see here. Don’t let this stuff scare you: we want to reward you for referring customers to GravityView! Thanks for being awesome, and good job reading the full agreement.